Great Teams Provide Great Solutions
Clarke Valve is a committed and agile team of people who enjoy providing solutions to our customers. We’re always looking for talented, problem-solving, dedicated people to work in our headquarters location in North Kingstown, RI or for us commercially in Houston, TX.
Please note: Only resumes submitted via the Clarke Valve website will be considered. No calls, faxes or in-person visits are permitted.
Clarke Valve, a company with the most advanced product offering in the industrial valve space, is currently seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly driven, customer centric Inside Sales person to join their Sales and Marketing organization. We are seeking someone who thrives on a team and is committed to success.
Inside Sales will play a key role in helping us to achieve our aggressive sales goals by supporting Clarke Valve’s customer-facing sales organization with data management & analytics, deal tracking, marketing support, and follow-up communications in pursuit of new business.
The role will sell Clarke’s products to distributors, MRO contract holders, contractors, skid manufacturer and industrial sales channel establishments via phone, fax, and email.
Candidates should be goal-oriented and have a strong knowledge of customer service best practices.
- Process EPC bid packages & RFQs and prepare accurate & timely quotations.
- Follow-up regularly with customers & distributors to ensure quote accuracy and high customer satisfaction.
- Act as a liaison between external (customers) and internal stakeholders (functional teams) to ensure customer queries are promptly worked upon.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from inquiries, Marketing department, and other Clarke personnel.
- Make outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Handle inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize salable features, quote prices and credit terms, and prepare sales orders for orders obtained.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of Clarke’s production and delivery schedules.
- Build and maintains customer relationships.
- Work with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Investigate and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Manage and update price lists for each type of customer.
- Provide competitive pricing on the market basket data.
- Provide forecast of volume and review KPI performance of sales goals versus budgets.
- Manage the complete cycle of customer relationships from lead, quote, sales order, schedule delivery, inspections, customer documentation, delivery requirements, a survey of completion and satisfaction and facilitate all the dependency with production, engineering, supply chain and contract admin as needed.
- Provide most relevant and factual data to the customer in relation to Clarke Valve’s product offering and assist in product training as needed.
- Gather market intelligence in relation to our product applications, use of product benefits, establish End user benefits, articulate such benefits in presentation and marketing material to enhance the marketability of Clarke’s products and help train the organization.
Education, Experience, and Requirements
- B.A. or B.S. or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Prior experience in sales operations or business development preferred
- Experience CRM system (NetSuite preferred)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a self-managed team
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Excellent written and overall communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Performance based bonus
- Participation in stock option plan
- Employee health insurance paid by Company
- 401(k) program
Clarke Valve, a portfolio company of Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, Chevron Technology Ventures, and OGCI Climate Investments, has the most advanced product offering in the industrial valve space, and is currently seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly driven, Senior Buyer/Planner to join our growing organization.
The Senior Buyer Planner is responsible for efficiently procuring goods and services, including finished goods, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for the business and planning and scheduling the production schedule. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and in coordination with multiple departments including Production, Quality, and Sales.
- Plan materials requirements and place purchase orders from outside suppliers to support production schedules and new product launches, with increased complexity and volume.
- Negotiate pricing and delivery.
- Work with the supplier to ensure materials are made to the proper specifications.
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and production plan in coordination with the Operations production team.
- Manage issues preventing execution of the MPS and production plan. Issues include but are not limited to, non-conforming materials or processes, material or equipment availability.
- Analyze resource availability, develop short and mid-range capacity plans with manufacturing teams, and lead teams to ensure plans are achieved.
- Utilize the ERP to optimize workflow, schedule planning and procurement.
- Manage workflow progress, including working with production and other supporting departments to ensure production plans are met.
- Create and process purchase orders to vendors in a timely manner as to allow for the production schedule to be met according to the demands of production.
- Manage inter-vendor material transfers and material flows.
- Expedite purchase orders as required.
- Manage acquisition of equipment as required in coordination with Operations team.
- Establish and maintain gross inventory targets. Includes developing action plans to minimize inventory exposure and for scrapping or mitigating excess and obsolete parts based on business information.
- Identify, plan and execute cost reduction initiatives.
- Work with Quality Leader to discuss with vendors non-conforming, defective, or unacceptable goods or services with personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of conflict and implement an acceptable solution, replacement, and preventive controls.
- Interacts with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedules.
- Communicate effectively with team members to meet goals and expectations regarding flow of materials through the operation.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures for procuring goods and services.
- Meet or exceed metrics associated with product availability, inventory to plan/inventory turns, raw material inventory value and on-time fill rate as it pertains to material availability.
- Become the subject matter expert for planning and procurement use in the ERP.
Job Knowledge / Experience / Skills
A suitable candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in purchasing and/or production control in in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- Experience working with a manufacturing ERP system (NetSuite by Oracle preferred).
- Experience with building and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Experience leading cost reduction initiatives.
- Proficient with mainstream desktop office applications including Microsoft Office suite.
A strong candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience in process control, process engineering, and continuous improvement.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification.
- Proven track record in procurement techniques and practices, including international sourcing.
- Understanding of machining (CNC), casting, and forging processes and ability to work with sub suppliers who use those processes to manufacture parts.
- Experience and understanding of valve industry and standards (e.g., ANSI, ASME, API, ANSI, ISO).
- Understanding of manufacturing drawings and knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Familiarity with processes related to new product development and product life cycle management, including engineering change orders and revision control.
- Strong computer skills, as listed below.
- Must be knowledgeable in the practical use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook). After proper training must be able to maneuver through the Company Website, Quality Documents and Procedures.
- Will be able to use Production portions of Netsuite by Oracle ERP for problem solving situations utilizing Bills of Material, Item Master, Purchase Order Inquiry, Sales Order Inquiry etc.
Visit suppliers when needed both domestic and international.
Clarke Valve offers competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
Clarke Valve is currently seeking a CNC Programmer to join their energetic team of engineers at the corporate headquarters located in North Kingstown, RI.
The primary objective of the CNC Programmer is the programming and production of high quality prototypes and production parts to support New Product Development and order fulfillment. The individual must have experience working for a world-class manufacturing/machining company and is responsible for all aspects of the role, i.e.: programming, setups, operating, inspecting etc.
- Print-to-part manufacturing. Create CNC programs from CAD files using CAMWorks.
- Review CAD models, blueprints, sketches, drawings, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and setup & tooling requirements.
- Design, model, and create fixtures using SolidWorks.
- Manually set-up, adjust, operate, and troubleshoot machines to ensure parts are manufactured according to quality and time requirements.
- Review CNC programs to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Distinguish between conforming and non-conforming parts through inspection of finished work pieces by referencing specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Review manuals and communicate with machine distributors to maintain uptime and asset longevity as required to maintain efficient operation and meet company standards.
- Interact with design engineers and contribute constructive feedback, i.e. Design for Manufacture (DFM).
- Consistently work with tight timelines and changes to programs given verbal instructions and data.
- Follow the Clarke Valve policies and procedures.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or similar is desirable.
Job Knowledge & Experience
A qualified candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in machine programming and operation in the manufacturing industry using CAD/CAM. Desired: CAMWorks and Fanuc PLC programming experience.
- Experience in blueprint reading, including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience machining stainless steel or other hard metals and castings.
- Knowledge of hand tools, manual machinery, and measuring equipment.
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
A strong candidate will possess these additional nice-to-have qualifications:
- Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC).
- Experience using Fanuc Controllers.
- High attention to quality while maintaining a high rate of productivity.
- Willingness to attend trainings and learn new skills.
- Experience working in an ISO9001 workplace.
- Experience performing 5S/6S activities.
- Experience working with industrial valves and valve components, including actuators.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Industrial or software certifications (e.g., SolidWorks, CAMWorks, OSHA)
SolidWorks (CAD, PDM), CAMWorks, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Sit, stand or walk for up to 10 hours per day.
- Squat, kneel, bend, twist or turn. Grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Ability to effectively use a PC, keyboard, and mouse.
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
Clarke Valve offers generous compensation, bonuses, and benefits to qualified candidates. Hourly rates based upon skill level and experience. Opportunities for overtime compensation.
For more information on this position or any other employment opportunities at Clarke Valve please contact us at the following email address: Careers@ClarkeValve.com
Clarke Valve, a portfolio company of Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, Chevron Technology Ventures, and OGCI Climate Investments, has the most technologically advanced product offering in the industrial valve space. In a short amount of time, Clarke Valve, has become an established player in the industry, forging strategic partnerships with 13 of the biggest oil and gas companies in the world, including Saudi Aramco, Chevron, Shell, Exxon and BP.
We are currently seeking a Key Account Manager to join the team and lead the sales effort and be a part of our success story. We are seeking an active listener, with a compelling sales personality, with a hunger to close deals and who is committed to success. We are seeking two individuals, one in Rhode Island, and the other in Houston.
If you have the hunter-mentality and are always hungry to meet customers to introduce exciting technology, then look no further. This opportunity will allow you to marry your industry knowledge with the control valve expertise that you have gained over the years. In this role you will unlearn and relearn the fundamentals of flow technology and wow your customers with the many advantages of the Dilating Disk™ Valve over the outdated rising-stem globe valves.
- Responsible for promoting, demonstrating and selling the benefits of the patented Dilating Disk™ Valve technology
- Develop and maintain relationships with exclusive and non-exclusive distributor network
- Provide best-in-industry Client Liaison support – understand current and target customer’s needs, pain points, and buying motives
- Upon submission of a proposal and quotation to a distributor or partner, you will assume responsibility for closing the deal
- Polished relationship-building skills, strategic thinking skills and ability to prioritize and follow-up will contribute to the success between technical sales leadership and valued customers
- Host technical discussions, bring confidence, tenacity and collaborative problem-solving skills to the team and your customers
- Leverage internal engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing resources to support technical and commercial discussions with distributors and/or end users
- Travel as necessary to interface with all customer decision-makers and influencers, you will develop trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationship
- Visit installation projects to further understand product applications, customer needs and challenges
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, conferences and customer events as needed
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience or a combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas and Control Valve Applications
- Technically sales minded and matching customer requirements to control valve selection
- Familiar with the project landscape, CapEx spends, MRO opportunities, etc.
- A proven sales track record in successfully closing deals
- Adaptable to learning Clarke Valve’s company culture and sell the benefits of the Dilating Disk™ Valve
- Be driven to develop relationships and work as part of a team
- Prior experience collaborating with sales, engineering, operations, and business development
- Strong presentation, writing, and communication skills
- Knowledge of technical standards related to valves (ISA, ANSI, ASME, API, etc.) a plus
Visit customers when needed both domestically and internationally.
Must be able to evaluate issues and make rational decisions about improvements and problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Benefits and Compensation
- This role offers a competitive salary and lucrative commission scheme
- Medical, Vision & Dental – 401k Matching Program – PTO + Paid Holidays